"Suddenly you’re 21 and you’re screaming along in the car to all the songs you listened to when you were sad in middle school and everything is different but everything is good."
I literally crave affection. It’s not about sex. I crave somebody to cuddle with me, and to lay their head on my lap. I crave kisses, holding hands and running my thumb across theirs. Just looking at someone and thinking “how did I get this lucky”.
- Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
- Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
- Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
- Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
- You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
- That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
- Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
- It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
- I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
- Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
"Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth."
You cannot hurt yourself better,
you cannot starve yourself to happiness
and you will not find answers
in the destruction of yourself.
Taking yourself to pieces
will not make you whole
and hitting rock bottom
is not the only way up.
The last photo ever taken of Hachikō, the dog who waited for 9 years after the death of his master outside the train station every morning until he himself passed away in 1930s.
(Source: thinkinghumanity.com, via laaurennleee)
The automatic criminalization of black and brown bodies
Now hold on a sec I do INDEED have a problem with one picture but not the other.
In the TOP picture you can clearly see two hunting rifles and a mid-sized handgun, which are perfectly reasonable guns for a family to have, and it appears that all three people in the picture are legally old enough to at least have gone to a hunters safety course, which legally justifies the weapons being in their hands for certain purposes - hunting. Hand guns are carried by hunters to defend against bear attacks, should they happen, and by fishermen when fishing in lakes containing sturgeon … because the only way you’re killing a goddamned prehistoric dinosaur fish from hell is by shooting it (no joke).
Now the BOTTOM picture clearly contains only ONE child old enough to have gone through a hunters safety course … and not a single gun that is used for anything other than killing other human beings, and this I have a serious problem with. Guns that are intended ONLY for killing humans (the AR and AK series rifles, which are shown) with CHILDREN is a fucking problem.
Now, if they were hunting rifles in the bottom picture - you know, guns that are meant solely for the procurement of food - then I wouldn’t have an issue outside of the questionable ages of the children shown.
Really huge red flag on the bottom pic is the fact two of the kids clearly have their fingers ON THE TRIGGERS.
Its called trigger discipline. I’ve never been to any gun safety classes and I know that much.